Lawrenceville Corporation is seeking Board and Committee members!
The work of Lawrenceville Corporation is guided and informed by dedicated, creative, and enthusiastic Board and Committee Members who help to grow and strengthen the organization. Members of our Board of Directors and Advisory Committees also help to broaden our base of programs and services to all residents, business owners, partners, and stakeholders of Lawrenceville. If you are interested in volunteering to help Lawrenceville Corporation by serving in this capacity, or would like to learn more about these opportunities, please let our Executive Director, Lauren Connelly, know by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit community development corporation with a 35-year track record serving the Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh.
The Lawrenceville Corporation—driven by the Lawrenceville community—acts as the catalyst and conduit for responsible and sustainable growth.
The Lawrenceville Corporation envisions a thriving neighborhood where:
- Our diversity defines and strengthens us;
- Authenticity, neighborhood identity, and history are celebrated;
- Housing builds and preserves opportunities for people of varying incomes, backgrounds, and abilities;
- Open space is cherished, filled with amenities, and accessible to all;
- The riverfront is vital public space for all, serving as a connector and destination;
- Well-designed mobility infrastructure serves 21st Century needs, and ensures safety and accessibility for all modes of transportation;
- Small, independent businesses and creative endeavors flourish;
- Commercial corridors meet neighborhood need and attract visitors from around the world.
The Lawrenceville Corporation strives to activate community plans and live our shared values. We commit ourselves to:
- Advancing fairness, justice, and equity
- Demanding dignity and respect for people and community
- Being courageous
- Empowering people
- Being credible, transparent, and accountable
- Leading with empathy and creativity
- Inspiring thoughtful, honest, and inclusive community participation
- Partnering and welcoming the opportunity to share