Lawrenceville Corporation is hiring!
Lawrenceville Corporation is hiring a marketing and communications assistant. Download the full PDF of the job posting here.
Job Description: Marketing & Communications Assistant
The Marketing & Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting with Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) marketing and communications strategies. The Marketing & Communications Assistant represents the LC in interactions with the community and assists the LC staff in duties that include community event planning, production of communications tools (web, e-mail & print), administration of the membership program and database, and general LC operations and administration. The Marketing & Communications Assistant reports to the Business District Manager. Lawrenceville Corporation staff is currently working remotely. This is a regular part-time position, approx. 15 hours/week. The salary for the position is $20/ hour.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs duties and responsibilities that may include the following tasks:
Marketing & Communications
- Assist with production and distribution of marketing and advertising materials including electronic communications, program brochures, letters, fliers, postcards, etc., collaborating with LC staff, local businesses, community organizations, and professional designers as appropriate.
- Implement LC’s social media plan.
- Develop, write and design regular e-newsletters for distribution to a variety of audiences including funders, business owners, residents, shoppers and others.
- Maintain lvpgh.com website, including regular posts and updates, events calendar, business directory, and other features.
- Assist with enrolling Lawrenceville businesses in a new virtual business directory and e-commerce platform hosted on LC’s website.
- Develop and write original content for press releases and fact sheets on various aspects of the LC’s work.
- Build and maintain working relationships with editorial staff and reporters from local and regional media outlets.
- Work with Business District Manager to plan and execute various virtual and/or socially distant and small-scale events, including holiday season shop small initiatives, sidewalk sales, pop-up shops, and more.
- Serve as community event liaison between the LC and local businesses, community organizations, designers, publications, vendors, etc.
- Provide administrative event support including creating and tracking budgets, event registration, implementing marketing plan including social media promotion, collateral material design, ad buys, etc., assist with event logistics.
- Attendance at events required, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Assist LC staff with day to day office administration.
- Maintain well organized paper and digital records, files and databases for members, funders, businesses, media, events, etc.
- Attend required committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports and setting of agendas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Marketing and two or more years of experience in communications, marketing and event management.
- Familiarity with the Lawrenceville community; knowledge of community and small business development a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Professional writing experience preferred.
- Understanding of the publication process from initial design to printing and distribution.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel for work-related functions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Google Apps for Business, database management.
- Positive and professional attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic, conceptual, planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
- Email a resume and cover letter to Rachel Webber, Business District Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Interviews will be held via Zoom.