Lawrenceville Corporation Seeking Board Member
Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit community development corporation with a 35-year track record serving the Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh.
LC seeks applicants for volunteer service on its Board of Directors for a 3-year term beginning in July 2019. Board member expectations include:
- To understand and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- To understand and participate in the board’s governing function, including making policy and ensuring fiscal solvency.
- To assist in establishing long- and short-term goals, objectives, and priorities for the organization in meeting the needs of the community.
- To be or become, in some fashion, a fund-raiser.
- To actively promote and represent the organization in the community in a positive and supportive manner during my service as a board member and beyond.
- To foster a positive working relationship with other Board Members and organizational staff
- To attend monthly Board meetings, the annual membership meeting, and serve on at least one Board committee.
The Lawrenceville Corporation—driven by the Lawrenceville community—acts as the catalyst and conduit for responsible and sustainable growth.
The Lawrenceville Corporation envisions a thriving neighborhood where:
- Our diversity defines and strengthens us;
- Authenticity, neighborhood identity, and history are celebrated;
- Housing builds and preserves opportunities for people of varying incomes, backgrounds, and abilities;
- Open space is cherished, filled with amenities, and accessible to all;
- The riverfront is vital public space for all, serving as a connector and destination;
- Well-designed mobility infrastructure serves 21st Century needs, and ensures safety and accessibility for all modes of transportation;
- Small, independent businesses and creative endeavors flourish;
- Commercial corridors meet neighborhood need and attract visitors from around the world.
The Lawrenceville Corporation strives to activate community plans and live our shared values. We commit ourselves to:
- Advancing fairness, justice, and equity
- Demanding dignity and respect for people and community
- Being courageous
- Empowering people
- Being credible, transparent, and accountable
- Leading with empathy and creativity
- Inspiring thoughtful, honest, and inclusive community participation
- Partnering and welcoming the opportunity to share
Board members should have a vested interest in Lawrenceville, including individuals who reside in the Lawrenceville area, or who own or manage a local business, institution, or non-profit organization, or serve as a government official. The Board seeks balanced representation from the entire service and program area of the organization with a minimum of 1/3 Lawrenceville residents. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, please forward a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by April 15, 2019.