Lawrenceville Corporation is hiring a Business District Manager!
Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) seeks a highly organized, self-starting, passionate, and capable Business District Manager to lead business district activities within Lawrenceville’s vibrant business corridors. LC aims to steward the growth of business districts that build and preserve opportunities for entrepreneurs of diverse and varying backgrounds; that celebrate authenticity, neighborhood identity, and history, where small, independent businesses and creatives flourish; that offers well-designed, inclusive, and accessible mobility infrastructure; and that meet neighborhood need while also attracting visitors from around the world.
Job Description: Business District Manager
The Business District Manager at Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) is responsible for stewarding the growth of the neighborhood’s business districts, and managing working relationships with members of Lawrenceville’s business community. The Business District Manager leads LC’s commercial development and business district repositioning work, business development and technical assistance programming, business recruitment and retention activities, responsible hospitality initiatives, business district promotions and event management, marketing and communications strategies, public space design and management issues within the business district, and is responsible for overseeing LC’s membership program. This is a regular, full-time position and reports to the Executive Director. The Business District Manager is supported by a part-time Communications and Marketing coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities that may include the following tasks:
Commercial Development and Business District Program Management
- Convene and manage LC’s Business District Advisory Committee to inform, develop, measure the performance of, and oversee business district programming.
- Compose grant applications to support overall business district health, and assist the Executive Director with related budget development, grant proposals and reporting as needed.
- Develop and implement shared resource forums and business development/ technical assistance programs for small business owners and creatives in Lawrenceville.
- Develop and manage campaigns focused on supporting Lawrenceville’s MWDBE businesses.
- Develop and manage programs to support sustainability and accessibility throughout the business districts.
- Develop and maintain data systems to track outcomes within Lawrenceville business districts, including economic development investment, business district occupancy and vacancy, business attraction/ retention, job creation, and demographic data.
- Manage recruitment and retention of tenants in LC-owned/ operated commercial real estate and marketing of LC commercial space.
- Work with Community Development Manager to develop strategies to support policies and facilitate projects that create and preserve affordable and accessible commercial space.
- Assist individual businesses or commercial property owners with permitting, financial planning, business planning, marketing by providing advice or referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Lead the LC’s Responsible Hospitality initiatives, and serve as primary staff liaison to Lawrenceville United for joint programming.
Community Outreach and Member Relations
- Convene and manage LC’s Membership and Outreach Committee and work with the Executive Director and Board to build a more inclusive and diverse membership of small businesses and ensuring LC work reflects member priorities.
- Manage annual membership campaign and related efforts.
- Build strong and productive relationships with appropriate public agencies at local government, financial institutions, and small business development centers to implement work plan.
- Represent Lawrenceville Corporation to important constituencies at the local, state, and national levels.
- Build and maintain relationships with neighborhood constituents, neighborhood businesses, and local stakeholder groups to ensure collaboration.
- Provide technical assistance (marketing, financing, business development) and referrals to businesses as needed.
- Serve as staff liaison to citywide/regional organizations that advance the development of neighborhood business districts or support small business growth.
Business District Promotions, Marketing, and Events
- Manage neighborhood marketing events, including the LC’s Annual Membership Meeting, community-wide events such as the Cookie Tour and spring marketing campaign, and other business district events.
- Lead Lawrenceville’s efforts and participation in the “Explore BGL” collaborative business district marketing program and related projects with Bloomfield and Garfield.
- Provide marketing and event support as needed for custodial events, such as Art All Night and the Lawrenceville Pop-Up Market, and Artists’ Studio Tour.
- Oversee event support including creating and tracking budgets, event registration, implementing marketing plan including social media promotion, collateral material design, ad buys, etc., assist with on-site event logistics.
- Manage social media and marketing activities that promote Lawrenceville to regional and national audiences.
- Work with Communications and Marketing Coordinator to develop and implement marketing and social media plans for all LC programs.
- Oversee production and distribution of print and digital marketing materials, collaborating with LC staff, local businesses, community organizations, and professional designers as appropriate.
- Manage maintenance of lvpgh.com, including the online business directory, monthly newsletters, and regular blog posts. Familiarity with website and social media analytics to increase traffic and engagement.
- Oversee production and distribution of Lawrenceville Business Directory & Map.
- Represent LC at community, city and regional events and meetings, including evenings and weekends.
- Supervise marketing and communications interns and other business district support staff and volunteers.
- Assist LC staff with day to day office administration.
- Maintain well organized paper and digital records, files and databases for members, funders, businesses, media, events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- Three-five years of progressively responsible experience in a community development, marketing/communications, or project management role.
- Knowledge of the Lawrenceville community and its small businesses.
- Professional writing skills and strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Professional and positive attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
- LC utilizes a hybrid workweek, which requires the ability to thrive in an open-office and work from home environment.
- Proficiency with Google Drive and WordPress. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and/or database management a plus.
- Must be available for regular evening and weekend meetings or other job‐related activities.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and have reliable transportation for set-up/ tear-down of events and to distribute materials throughout the business district.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The position is full-time, exempt, and reports to the Executive Director. Salary range: $45,000 – $52,000. The LC offers a generous benefits package including tax-free contribution toward health insurance, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off. LC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.